SRK Multi-dimensional Analysis
Quarterly Enhancement Release Bulletin
2015 Q2 – Release 2.0.5 to 2.2.5
Throughout the second quarter of 2015 SRK made of number of enhancements to the Pivot View feature. Users can now save reports from pivot views (Release 2.1). Users can apply filters, formats, and highlights to a pivot view and these settings are carried over when saving the pivot view as pivot report (Releases: 2.2.0, 2.2.1). Users can also create tasks on pivot reports, further extending the power of collaboration (Release 2.2.0). And we have made multiple UI enhancements to the Pivot View that allow users to perform drilldown and rollup operations from both the pivot table and the pivot chart, with a much more intuitive UI (Releases: 2.2.1, 2.2.5).
Usability and functionality are always something we are working on improving and you will see it in the optimized user experience when browsing Data Series and Custom View (Release 2.0.5) or the bookmark and tagging capabilities that have been added to Pivot View (Release 2.2.0). Report feature has been empowered with record level access control. Giving users fine granular control over the data they share and collaborate with (Release 2.2.1). The Task Management UI has been improved to allow users to easily navigate back to the source of each task (Release 2.2.5). Also, Automatic Notification now has better integration with Task. Users can create new task by simply clicking a link in the automatic notification email (Release 2.2.5). Last but not least, the Advanced Importer now supports Oracle database as one of the data sources (Release 2.2.2).
DrivenBI knows that every business has different needs when it comes to data analysis and, with that in mind, we introduced two new types of subscription (Releases: 2.2.0, 2.2.2). Giving our customers more flexibility on choosing the most optimal way of using SRK.
Details of these new features and enhancements are listed below.
Release 2.2.5 (June 19, 2015)
- Pivot View has been enhanced and now allows user to perform drilldown/rollup from the chart.
- The automatic notification email sent by SRK now contains a link for users to easily create task and thereby collaborate with other users.
- Task Management UI has been enhanced to display links via which users can easily navigate to the source of each task.
Release 2.2.2 (June 5, 2015)
- Prepaid hours subscription is now available! For more details, contact us at email@example.com.
- Advanced Importer has been enhanced to support old version Oracle databases starting from 9i.
Release 2.2.1 (May 22, 2015)
- Report now also supports record level access control.
- Added Highlight and Print feature to Pivot View and Pivot Report.
- A new version of SRK Advanced Importer has been released and can be downloaded here.
- Now supports Oracle database as import source.
Release 2.2.0 (May 8, 2015)
- Pivot View has been further enhanced:
- Filter and formatting options are now available.
- Users can also bookmark and tag a pivot view.
- Pivot Report now supports creating tasks.
- Concurrent user policy is now available for custom subscriptions. Contact us for more details.
Release 2.1 (Apr 24, 2015)
- Users can now save pivot view as report
- Both immediate report and scheduled report are supported.
- Users can also comment and add annotations on pivot report.
- A new version of SRK Standard Importer has also been released
- Whitespaces and line breaks in column headers are handled more properly.
Release 2.0.5 (Apr 10, 2015)
- Optimized user experience when browsing data series and custom views.
- Dependency information is now only collected upon deletion thereby reduces page load time.
- Pivot View now has better support for Chinese content.
2015 Q1 – Release 1.8.54 to 2.0
Date 4/1/2015 – Release 1.8.54 to 2.0
In the first quarter of 2015, SRK was enhanced with groundbreaking features, Pivot View, brings multi-dimensional analysis to business users without needing a data warehouse or requiring data modeling. Now users can build their own multi-dimensional analysis via the easy-to-use drag-and-drop UI. Allowing them to quickly gaining insights on their business performance by drilling down to reveal the detailed breakdown, and rolling up to reveal the aggregated summary. Pivot View also equipped with charts that are rendered based on the granularity of the analysis. When users are drilling down or rolling up, the chart would reflect the change in real time, thereby providing interactive and stunning visualization. (Release 2.0)
SRK has also undergone significant enhancements to its charts. 4 more chart types were added to both Custom View and Pivot View: area chart, stacked area chart, scatter chart, and bubble chart, which equips SRK to support a total of 10 chart types. (Release 2.0) Furthermore, users are now able to plot all entries in a Custom View or Pivot View onto the chart. And all types of chart are made more interactive that users can view the underlying records of data points on the chart by clicking on it (Release 1.9.2). Other enhancements also include a re-design of the chart option UI to make the layout of various options more intuitive (Release 1.9.4).
SRK’s Custom Views has also gotten a number of substantial enhancements regarding user experience and functionality. The data source selection UI has been improved to make it much easier to select a source from all the Data Series and Custom Views of the current Organization. The brand new Cumulative Sum function allows users to easily create cumulative analyses such as YTD (Release 1.8.55). The Top-N features allow users to narrow down their result scope and easily produce ranked analyses such as Top 10 sales performance (Release 1.8.54). Custom View performance were greatly improved when displaying grouped cells, and the system would now prompt users when they are trying to group a large number of cells, which may potentially require a long time to render (Release 1.9.3).
The above newly added features and improvements in user experience allow SRK to have a strong start in the year of 2015.
Details of new features and enhancements are listed below.
Date 3/27/2015 Release 2.0
- The brand new Pivot View features which brings multi-dimensional analysis to the users. Supporting drilldown, rollup, and a lot more.
- Added the support of 4 more types of chart, which equips SRK to support a total of 10 chart types.
- Area chart, stacked area chart, scatter chart, and bubble chart.
- All types of charts are available to both Custom View and Pivot View.
Date 3/20/2015 Release 1.9.4
Chart feature had the following enhancements
- The capability of plotting multiple charts has been made more obvious as a dedicated option on the UI.
- Radar chart has had a major re-design. Made the settings UI more intuitive and also added support for using field names as axis labels.
Date 3/6/2015 Release 1.9.3
- User experience improvements:
- Significantly improved the performance when displaying grouped cells in Custom View data table (nearly 100 times faster).
- System is also able to give warning when users try to group large number of cells which may slow down the browser.
- SRK Standard Importer has been enhanced and is now handling white spaces in source files more properly.
Date 2/20/2015 Release 1.9.2
Chart feature has gotten some major enhancements
- Added a “plot all entries” option, which allows users to plot all entries in a Custom View onto the chart.
- Now users can easily click on a data point, and a popup window will show the data behind the chart.
Date 2/6/2015 Release 1.9.1
- Cumulative sum function of Custom View has been further enhanced to provide more flexibility on selecting which field(s) the calculation should be based on upon.
Date 1/23/2015 Release 1.8.55
- Custom View has been enhanced with cumulative sum function, which would be very useful when build certain types of analyses such as YTD.
- Removed the restriction on unique Organization name. Users can now create their organizations without worrying about name conflict.
Date 1/9/2015 Release 1.8.54
- Custom View now supports narrowing down result scope to the top N records, that user can specify which field(s) the Custom View would sort data based on.
2014 Q4 – Release 1.8.47 to 1.8.53
Date 1/1/2015 – Release 1.8.47 to 1.8.53
In the last quarter of 2014, SRK has been enhanced a lot on chart functions. SRK provides illustrations of each chart type so that users can easily visualize the chart before actually creating it. (Release 1.8.53) To be more informative, values of entries being plotted can also be displayed on the chart. (Release 1.8.52) More than two y-axes representing different group of can now be plotted into one single chart so that trends can be compared much more easily. (Release 1.8.49) Bar charts and line charts can also be sorted separately from the sorting of the data table, hence the highest or the lowest values can be identified easily. (Release 1.8.48) A new chart type “Smooth Line chart” is introduced in addition to the 6 chart types SRK already supports. (Release 1.8.49) Besides bar charts and line charts, radar charts can now be plotted data with group-by option as well, allowing user to present data in finer granularity (Release 1.8.50) Chart graphs along the x-axis can now be grouped by color or by x-axis grid, which can be configured by users based on their needs. (Release 1.8.49)
User experience of rearranging Custom View data table columns has been improved and now supports drag-and-drop gesture. (Release 1.8.53) Column width adjustment experience is also optimized. (Release 1.8.51) View edit and create UI is made easier by allowing users to select source from data series directly, (Release 1.8.49) and select or de-select all output fields at once. (Release 1.8.51) Last but not least, line break is allowed for the field name while creating data series. Users would no longer need to manually remove line breaks from CSV files/spreadsheets before importing into SRK. (Release 1.8.50)
This concludes the year of 2014. DrivenBI has equipped SRK with many strong capabilities while persist in the mindset of enhancing user’s experience at the same time, consistently offering SRK as a powerful self-service analysis platform to face the challenges for the year 2015.
Date 12/26/2014 Release 1.8.53
- Improved the column rearrangement by using a drag and drop method.
- Displayed illustrations next to the corresponding chart types under the chart option.
Date 12/12/2014 Release 1.8.52
- Chart now shows the number of entries plotted and the corresponding values.
Date 11/26/2014 Release 1.8.51
- Custom View edit now allows selecting/deselecting all output fields at once.
- Optimized the column width adjustment experience. Expanding one column would not cause other columns to shrink.
Date 11/14/2014 Release 1.8.50
- Radar chart now supports the same “group by” function as line chart and bar chart.
- Compatible with line breaks on field names for importing data by SRK Express, Standard, and Advanced Importer in Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
Date 10/31/2014 Release 1.8.49
- Custom View enhancements:
- Users can now use Data Series as sources, as well as from other selected source directly from Custom View edit UI.
- Subtotal row calculation is now in sync with the summary row.
- Substantial improvements to Custom View edit UI. Selecting source made easier.
- Chart enhancements:
- Now supporting smooth line chart.
- Users are allowed to add more than two y-axes when using line/bar charts.
- Chart graphs along the x-axis can now be grouped by color or the x-axis grid.
Date 10/17/2014 Release 1.8.48
- Matching fields in custom view now support configurable case sensitivity and also allow checking against “blank” value.
- Chart feature has the following enhancements:
- Users can now apply sorting to values plotted on chart
- Lengthy x-axis labels are now slanted to avoid overlapping and provide better readability.
Date 10/3/2014 Release 1.8.47
- The list of Pages in an Organization can now be easily accessed from the Organization Home page.
- Express Import has been enhanced to allow users to modify the type of each Data Series field prior to the import and create data series.
- Organization administrators can now see more details of the usage of subscription on the Membership page.
2014 Q3 – Release 1.8.41 to 1.8.46
Date 10/1/2014 – Release 1.8.41 to 1.8.46
Data analysis is essential for companies to make right decisions in time and solve problems effectively. In order to meet and exceed customers’ expectations, we have continuously improved SRK. In the third quarter, a new version of SRK Advanced Importer is launched to support importing CSV/Excel files directly from both FTP/SFTP servers. Data can be imported from Microsoft SQL servers as well (Release 1.8.45). The cloning feature is available for quickly creating new analysis replicating existing ones and make changes on top of them (Release 1.8.46). Tabular data display on Page also support cell grouping so that users can present their data in the desired format (Release 1.8.42).
There have also been a number of major improvements on usability of SRK and flexibility in user management. Column width of the Custom View data table can be resized. Users can save the resized table columns and bring the settings over to reports (Release 1.8.44, 1.8.46). Users can decide how the date and time are shown with the choices of 9 date formats and 4 time formats in total (Release 1.8.45). Multi-hierarchy user management is introduced and there are three user types, which are Power User, View User, and Report User, providing different level of capabilities of SRK to different users. Managing user types and creating new user accounts can be performed by the organization administrator. (Release 1.8.43).
Finally, SRK has more than 200 users worldwide. In order to share the impressive SRK features directly with the fast growing market in Asia, Chinese subtitle is included as an option in the quick start video besides English (Release 1.8.41).
Details of new features and enhancements are listed below.
Date 9/19/2014 Release 1.8.46
- Custom views now support cloning, which provides a very convenient way of replicating existing views.
- Line chart and bar chart now showing grouped data in a more intuitive way.
- Improved user experience with the column resizing on custom view UI.
Date 9/5/2014 Release 1.8.45
- The formatting feature of view has been enhanced to support date and time.
- There are 9 date formats 4 time formats that users can choose from.
- Users can define their own date & time format by combining any date format with any time format.
- A new version of SRK Advanced Importer has been released with the following enhancements:
- Supports importing CSV/Excel files directly from FTP/SFTP server.
- Supports importing data directly from Microsoft SQL Server.
Date 8/22/2014 Release 1.8.44
- Proper message is now provided to users when the exported report does not contain all the records.
- The layout and style of exported report (XLS, PDF) have been improved.
- Views now allow users to resize width of the columns. The changed column size can be saved and be
carried over to reports.
- User defined data formatting on the view can be carried over to the chart. Chart labels are now showing formatted values.
- Users can now easily get the total number of records in a Data Series/View/Report from the UI.
Date 8/8/2014 Release 1.8.43
- Introduced multi-hierarchy user management:
- Support various types of users – Power User, View User, and Report User.
- User type can be managed by organization administrators.
- Organization administrators can now create new user accounts (instead of relying on individuals to register their own accounts).
Date 7/25/2014 Release 1.8.42
- Tabular data on a Page now supports cell grouping.
- Further improved UI performance and usability in IE8.
Date 7/11/2014 Release 1.8.41
- A quick start video with Chinese subtitle is now available and accessible by clicking the “View quick start video” link on the left sidebar or the website.
- Improved the workflow of requesting new password.
- Performance improvements and security enhancements.
2014 Q2 – Release 1.8.32 to 1.8.40
Date 7/1/2014 – Release 1.8.32 to 1.8.40
In the second quarter of 2014, DrivenBI jointly hosted a couple of webinars with AT&T and Salesforce, for the US and Asia market. We received enthusiastic responses and aroused many new users’ interest in SRK. In order to let more customers have a chance to try SRK, beginning in April, 2014, any new users to SRK and SRK for Salesforce can start their 30-day free trial by simply filling in the “Request for free trial” form on SRK website, (Release 1.8.35). Not only that, they can follow a comprehensive, step-by-step “Quick start video” (Release 1.8.39) to build their first self-service SRK analysis within 10 minutes.
SRK also did provide significant new features on reports in this quarter. In order for users to be able to use reports more efficiently, now all records in views are saved in reports (Release 1.8.39), and the same filtering capability as view can now be found in reports (Release 1.8.39). In addition, if you prefer to receive your report in PDF format via email, SRK also provides you the option to configure email notification. And your scheduled report will automatically be delivered to your email account on time (Release 1.8.40).
Your security is our highest priority. If SRK detects that your SRK account has been logged into from multiple devices, the session on the earlier accessed device will be logged out automatically, to prevent other people from having a chance to access your data with an account that had not previously been logged out (Release 1.8.32). Moreover, view data is not accessible to a view user unless a power user grants the view user the right to access view records, either via assigning the view user the particular role(s) or opening access to the data series (Release 1.8.33). SRK also has improved its anti-spam mechanism to prevent malicious users/programs from entering junk information into the website via URL hacking (Release 1.8.34).
Last but not least, data series now supports incremental import that allows updating existing records (Release 1.8.38). View’s subtotal calculation is no longer limited by the entries displayed on each page (Release 1.8.36). And a number of enhancements that improved the performance of view refresh (Release 1.8.37), IE8 web page rendering (Release 1.8.36, 1.8.34), and express import via web browser (Release 1.8.32) have been deployed. Please find the complete list of new features and enhancement below. We can’t wait to share more enhancements with you in the next quarter.
Date 6/27/2014 Release 1.8.40
- Reports now support sending out email notification with report data attached as a PDF file.
Date 6/13/2014 Release 1.8.39
- Reports can save all the records contained in a view.
- Reports now support the same filtering capability as views.
- A comprehensive quick start video can now be accessed on the left panel under the “Actions” section to help new SRK users build their first SRK analysis.
- Improved subtotal calculation is now not limited by entries displayed on each page of the view.
Date 5/30/2014 Release 1.8.38
- Data series now supports incremental import that allows updating existing records. Users can specify one field or multiple fields where each value or each combination of the values can uniquely identify one record in the data series, based on which SRK bulk import process is selected, SRK import will determine either to update existing records or to add new records.
Date 5/16/2014 Release 1.8.37
- Users will now get email notification when a scheduled report is generated.
- Improved view refresh performance.
Date 5/2/2014 Release 1.8.36
- Improved user experience of view’s subtotal function in IE8.
Date 4/18/2014 Release 1.8.35
- New users to SRK and SRK for Salesforce can now start their 30-day free trial by filling in the “Request for free trial” form.
Date 4/4/2014 Release 1.8.34
- Improved anti-spam mechanism to prevent malicious users/programs from entering junk information into the website via URL hack.
- Improved user experience of view’s highlight function in IE8.
Date 3/21/2014 Release 1.8.33
- The access control for view is made consistent with the “open access” settings on data series – view data is not accessible for view user by default, unless the view user is being assigned with role(s) granting him/her the right to access the records.
Date 3/7/2014 Release 1.8.32
- Now one user account is not allowed to login from multiple devices at the same time. If user switches device, the previous session on the other device will be logged out automatically.
- Improved the performance of express import via web browser.